What to Expect During the Claims Process
After the claim is reported and a claims adjuster who specializes in your type of loss will be in contact with you to discuss your file.
During the policy and loss investigation, your adjuster will:
- Determine the cause of your loss and the resulting damages
- Check policy specifics including deductibles, coverage, and any applicable limits
- Ask for additional documentation that may be needed such as a police report, personal property inventory, and receipts
- Set an appointment if needed
During the damage assessment, your adjuster will:
- Photograph and assess the damage to your property and write and estimate of your loss
- Collect necessary documentation based on your loss type for review to compile an estimate of your loss
During the claim resolution phase, your adjuster will:
- Provide you with a copy of the estimate and any applicable payments
- Be available for questions as needed
The Georgia Farm Bureau Claims Department is here to keep the promise of providing superior customer service to our members. Whether you are a farm owner, business owner, or a home owner, we are here to help you and your family return to your normal life after your loss. To further assist you in this process, you may download the personal property inventory sheet.